Monday, September 5, 2011

I think I want to marry you!

Meet Dan and Ashley.


My weekend thus far, has been spent helping these two celebrate their wedding, and recuperating afterwards. 

Friday was pedis and a bridal luncheon for the girls, golfing for the guys and everyone came together for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner at the country club.  The evening ended with bowling for the entire group and Ashley and Dan's friends and family that were already in town.  Pics from Friday are below...

Dan, Ash and I at the rehearsal dinner.


This is Ashley's dad and Dan's parents on Friday night.

Ashley's college friend Lindsey, a fellow bridesmaid.


Ashley's sister Emily, the maid of honor.


Bowling - rockin' sweet shoes with our dresses. :)

Saturday started early (at least for the girls).  Hair was first on the agenda, then makeup.  I've never had my makeup professionally done - but now I can say that I have.  Our makeup artist made us all look beautiful!  Once we were dressed, all we had to do was wait for pictures to start.  So we took our own pic in the meantime. :)


Isn't Ashley's dress beautiful??  You can't completely tell in this picture, but the under layer of her dress is actually champagne colored with the lace overlay.  So pretty!




After pictures were done, we all killed a little time downstairs while guests arrived.  Then the world's shortest ceremony took place - seriously, Dan timed it and it was 15 minutes beginning to end.  And all of our feet say "thank you!!".  All of the girls were wearing about 3" heels since the groomsmen were all fairly tall and, well, we're not. 

Party bus time!!  We all drove around, took a few more pictures, celebrated, and had an all around good time.



The reception was held at the Museum of Visual Materials.  It's a really neat building that has wooden rafters and wooden floors, brick and rock walls if I remember right too.  It was beautifully decorated.  Here's a picture from my vantage point - the head table...


Probably the funniest moment of the day occurred when we arrived to the reception.  We were waiting in the entryway and at least some of the guys went to the bathroom.   Well, in the meantime, the DJ started announcing the couples.  Needless to say since our guys were previously engaged - Lindsey and I made solo entries into the reception with the guys running in after us.  I found it quite entertaining. :)

Cake was cut, dinner was eaten, speeches given, and then first dances began.  The first picture of the post was from Dan & Ash's first dance. 

Next "My Girl" serenaded Ash and her dad, Steve.


Dan and Lori two stepped to "I Will Shine the Light" by Sugarland.


One last pic of Lindsey, Ash and I and then I put down my camera and put on my dancing shoes! 



Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Menke!!  That's right - it's now official. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment