Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

Okay folks - It's been a busy couple of weeks, but I am going to try to start making this blog a priority and getting a few things accomplished before winter that I want to get done - and telling you all about it of course!

I was home last weekend (sorry I didn't make it over to see you Jeanie!  I promise I'll come see you over Thanksgiving!) and Mom was planning to start painting the house and we looked through lots of paint samples.  It got me in the mood to add some color to my house, other than beige.  Seriously, besides my bathroom (which use to be Peptobismal pink - seriously) the entire house is beige.  So I decided to start with the kitchen.  I knew I wanted a bright color in there, and I finally found the color I wanted - Granny Smith Green!

Here's a pic of my kitchen before I started (well actually I had already started prepping before I remembered I needed a before pic.)





I taped everything off, took off some cabinet doors that I wouldn't be able to paint around, pulled my stove out and moved it to the dining room, moved everything off the countertops and the refrigerator. 

Here's the crazy mess I lived in during the weekend.





So I finished prepping everything Friday afternoon, then I went to my kickboxing class.  I came home and primed the entire room.  Then Saturday morning I went to my upper body workout - both Saturday morning and Friday night we had the hardest coach leading classes - needless to say - I died each class!  Anyway, when I went to paint Saturday afternoon, my arms were SO TIRED!!  I could only paint for about 15-20 minutes at a time before I'd have to rest my arms and shoulders.  I painted the ceiling white first, then all the green and finally did the trim in a bright white.  I finished everything up Sunday afternoon and put everything back together!  Check out my new kitchen, which I absolutely LURVE (this means that I more than love it!)!!








I think the cabinets really pop with the color on the walls and I love the crisp white trim.  Next in my mini-kitchen makeover is to find some nice white curtains and paint the door to match my cabinets - I'll make sure to keep you all in the loop!

1 comment:

  1. I LURVE it too. It really made it come together. My walls are all white at the farm and all beige at the condo - and need "updating", but I can't make a decision on how.

    ReplyDelete