Sunday, January 15, 2012

Motivation

Alright my fellow friends - I have really been slacking on this blog lately and need to do better!

So, I'm going to try to do a quick recap of what's been happening lately in my life.  I started my new position with the World Clinic department at Sanford last Monday - so 1 week is done.  I'm enjoying my team and what I've been working on and am looking forward to getting more involved in what's happening in the department.  The first couple weeks are always slow until you get up to full speed of what's happening.  Budget season is starting - so it should be interesting!

Farrell's Winter session start last week and I'm a coach this session.  We have instructors, the people who teach the actually classes, but we also have coach's - which are basically mentors for the new students.  I have 6 people who I mentor and motivate and I love it!  I think the thing that I didn't expect is to see the change in myself over just 17 weeks.  I go through the first weeks workouts and remember how I could barely make it through them and now I realize how far I have come and how much stronger I've become and I love it!

I've also started doing hot yoga occasionally as well.  There's a studio here in Sioux Falls that offer this - which is when you do yoga in a studio that has a temperature of 105 degrees and 30% humidity.  It's hot and I sweat more than I've ever sweat in my life!  Seriously, every part of my body sweats - my arms and legs, even my feet.  During classes, I look like I just got out of a shower with sweat pouring down my arms and legs.  It sounds weird, but it's very cleansing and relaxing.  Although today I did my first 90 minute session and it was way harder than the 60 minute sessions I have been attending.

Finally, I'm going to leave you with a new video that was made by the women of Farrell's in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  This has become my new MOTIVATION!  I really want Sioux Falls women to make a video now!  This totally explains how I feel doing FXB!!  Women of Cedar Rapids IA

No comments:

Post a Comment