Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Malted Cookies

So I told you last week I had made some great cookies and I'm back to share my recipe now!  I made these cookies for the Super Bowl party I went to.  There ended up being a lot left over so off to work they went.  Let me tell you - they went like hotcakes there!  Everyone loved them and ate them all up!

photo from Taste of Home

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Malted Cookies


1 c. butter
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. malted milk powder (I used chocolate)
2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chunks
1 c. milk chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla for 2 minutes.  Add egg.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.  Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.

Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Try these out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment