Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Happenings...

So this weekend is almost finished, and it has been a good one.  I took Friday off work, as I was going to go to the Cities to visit friends, but they're actually in the middle of packing to move - so plans changed and I just decided to stay home.  So Friday I slept in and then worked on my backyard project that you'll learn more about when it's completed.  I also ran errands and signed up for Farrells Body Fitness 10 week extreme body sculpting program.  You'll learn about this once I've started that as well September 10th.
Then I just relaxed Friday evening.

Saturday dawned and off to the Farmers market Neko and I went.

The farmer's market is held every Saturday morning from 8-1 at Falls Park.  I always end up coming home with different things.  This week I was feeling some beets that I found, another melon (I had one last week and it was really good), and some Sourdough bread (Dad picked some up last weekend and it was good - so I picked up another loaf.  Here's a picture of my loot:


After the farmer's market, Neko and I headed to the falls to walk around for a little bit.  Here's a picture of the falls.

Neko was enthralled with a couple of ducks that she could see, but that I wouldn't let her off the leash to chase.



I spent the afternoon cleaning my house because it was getting pretty bad since I've been spending quite a bit of time outside recently.  The evening ended by going to the 2011 Sanford Children's Gala.  My friend Dan's (you'll hear more about him and his fiance Ashley in the upcoming weeks as I'm in their wedding Sept 3) family were sponsors of the Gala and had an extra ticket to their table and invited me along.  It was a lot of fun to get all dressed up and go out for the evening.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I'll get pictures from Dan's mom, Lori, and post them for you all to see.

Sunday I relaxed until 11ish and then Neko and I headed to the dog park:



(Neko's face looks wet because she had just dunked her head in a water bucket)


Neko is worn out and taking a nap and this afternoon will be spent mowing the backyard and working on my backyard project. 

Hope you all had a productive and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Have they always had the Farmer's Market in Sioux Falls? Too bad we weren't that sophisticated in college :) How do you prepare beets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I'm not sure when they started the Farmer's Market! Can't say as I see very many college students there Saturday mornings. :)

    All I do to prepare beets is peel them quick, slice them up and boil them. Add a little salt afterwards and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete